The receptionist is responsible for providing clerical support to the staff of Journey Church. They should present a positive image to those who contact the church by phone or in person.
- Be passionate about Jesus & Journey Church, and represent both with excellence.
- Member/Regular Attender of Journey Church.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred.
- Is outgoing and has the ability to operate in a professional manner.
- Proficient in the use of standard office tools: copy machine, computer, etc.
- Proficient in the use of email and Google Suite or willing to learn.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, as well as an ability to relate well with a diversity of persons: pastoral staff, office colleagues, church leaders, members, and visitors.
- Demonstrate a willingness to submit to authority and demonstrates a desire to grow spiritually and vocationally.
- Maintain extreme confidence on any counseling appointments or meeting discussions.
- Demonstrate an excellent ability to get along with various personality types and working styles.
- Cooperate as a team member in relation with others who share the work environment and responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- Participate in staff meetings upon request.
- Greet visitors as they enter the church offices and direct them as needed.
- Update the church master calendar.
- Open incoming mail and distribute it to the appropriate persons.
- Mail correspondence as needed.
- Oversee the general email accounts of Journey Church.
- Assist with the planning and coordinating of special events and services.
- Receive, screen, and direct incoming calls. Take messages when appropriate and distribute to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate speaking engagement logistics for pastors on staff.
- Respond to the request for general secretarial support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Team.
- Agree and live by the Journey Church membership covenant.
Journey Church Membership Covenant:
I will protect the unity of my church
…by acting in love toward other members.
…by refusing to gossip.
…by following the leaders.
I will share in the responsibility of my church
…by praying for its growth.
…by inviting the unchurched to attend.
…by warmly welcoming those who visit.
I will serve the ministry of my church
…by discovering my gifts and talents.
…by being equipped to serve by my pastors.
…by developing a servant’s heart.
I will support the testimony of my church
…by attending faithfully.
…by living a godly life.
…by giving regularly.
If this sounds like you, let’s begin the conversation today by emailing your cover letter and resume to our Executive Pastor, Daniel Bridgman at firstname.lastname@example.org.