Journey Church is making a difference in the River Region by reaching people who are disconnected from God and leading them to become fully devoted followers of Christ. As a church, we love taking risks, living generously, and bringing our best to God. As a staff, we work hard, laugh loud, and seek to honor God by living with integrity. You can be a part of this growing church! At Journey, we believe that God has created us to be creative. We know that to reach our world we must be creative and make each opportunity to share the gospel count. The responsibility of the Creative Director is to lead in such a way that others want to live out their creativity on a daily basis. If you agree, you could be who we need.
The Creative Director provides leadership and administration to all production elements of Journey Church. The Director works to ensure that production is done at a high level in every area of Journey Church. The Creative Director will report to the Worship Pastor, but also work closely with the lead pastor to assist them in carrying out their ministry.
- Must have a vibrant and evident walk with Jesus Christ.
- Must become a fully engaged, tithing member of Journey Church.
- The ability to build relationships in order to assess, advise, and direct a person’s appropriate next steps in their faith.
- The ability to recruit, lead, encourage and equip leaders to lead successful teams and small groups.
- High energy with enthusiasm for Journey’s vision and values.
- A proven ability to lead people from various backgrounds to accomplish a common goal.
- The ability to multitask, a self starter with a drive to do things with excellence.
- A clear call to the Gospel ministry.
- Must be an effective communicator, teacher, and motivator.
- Must have a heart for pastoral care for their teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Ensure campus preparedness for all activities and services.
- Will report to and work directly with the Worship Pastor on a weekly basis to create and implement elements for services.
- Attend a weekly one-on-one meeting with the worship pastor.
- Lead a team of volunteers in the development of infrastructure to support Production of church services and events.
- Assists in the planning, designing, and production of Sunday services and special events.
- Will be leading and have familiarity with lighting design and programming, audio mixing for front-of-house and broadcast mixes, Pro Presenter software and vision casting for stage and set designs.
- Responsible for scheduling appropriate production team for services and events.
- Recruit, train, equip and direct the technology and production teams for weekend services and periodic special events.
- Attend and participate in church staff meetings, training meetings and retreats.
- Work special events as needed.
- Oversee the technology involving all worship: Evaluate, maintain, purchase and update all equipment (includes sound system, computers, etc.) within specified budget limitations.
- Recruit, train, and lead a team that thinks through and designs the environments of Journey in a creative and effective manner.
- Work with the production team to ensure that the technical side of environments is well planned and executed each week.
- Assist the lead and executive pastor in planning and preparing for meetings.
- Make hospital and pastoral visits as assigned.
- Build relationships with Team Leaders.
- Maintain a positive attitude in every interaction with our staff and teams.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor or Worship Pastor.
To read the description as a PDF please click here.
If this sounds like you, let’s begin the conversation today by emailing your cover letter and resume to our Worship Pastor, Wes Willis, at Wes@myjourneychurch.com