Journey Kids (Birth-6th grade)
Journey Kids encompasses three sections of care: Preschool (6 wks-Kindergarten), Graded (1st-4th) and 56 (5th and 6th graders). They meet during the main church service times: 9.ooa and 10.45a weekly.
Journey Kids takes place in our Journey Kids wing located on the North (right side if facing front of building) side of our building. This entrance is labeled above the door “Journey Kids.”
Our quarterly calendar is available below. It often has dates that require pre-registering which can either be found below the Calendar or on the event page.
Planning your family's visit
When you get to our campus, look for either the “1st-Time Guest Check-In” or “Kids Check-In” flags. Enter through the doors closest to the flags to find one of our New Family Hosts. They will lead you to fill out some information and get your temporary security tag. Once your child is registered, they will walk you and your family to each area and help make navigation and drop-off as smooth as possible. Once all kids are dropped off, they will either lead you to our cafe for free coffee and doughnuts or our Worship Center.
During our 9am and 10:45am Sunday morning services, we offer outstanding worship in Journey Kids through our:Preschool Worship (3 year old-Kindergarten), Kids Worship (1st-4th grade), along with Route 56 Worship (5th & 6th graders).
Each one of these worship times provides both a large group and small group time led by well-trained, caring adults that seek to develop growth in each and every kid on their level. Each service has exciting worship, engaging videos, interactive teaching, hands-on activities and biblical engagement, all sprouted from each week’s lesson.
Expectations for Parents and Guardians
- Checking In: After your first check-in with our Family Host team you and your household will be added to our security system. The second time you visit we ask that a parent/guardian uses the provided phone number to check in any Journey Kids at our Self-check in stations. Place the unique printed name tag on each corresponding child keeping the printed security tag for yourself. Then escort them to their classroom making sure to confirm with one of our leaders of their presence! We don’t want to miss anyone arriving!
- Security Tags: Along with the name tags our security system prints multiple unique security tags for you, the adult, to keep. These are very important! Whoever has the matching security will be able to pick up the corresponding child! For safety, the security tag does not have the name of the child on it and must be matched before anyone is allowed to leave with that child.
- Pick-Up: Using the security tag received at check in, present it to a leader of that section for confirmation as they match it to your child’s tag. Every child’s security number will be confirmed to ensure the highest safety for guests and members of Journey Church. Most classrooms will speed up the process by calling your child over when they see you arrive or in some areas allowing you to pick up the child before confirming the tag when you exit the space.
- Getting involved: We love when parents get involved in Journey Kids but we also know that God has gifted many with talents that lie somewhere in the church! We believe that God has gifted many with the desire to invest and see the youngest generations grow and flourish. If that is you will please complete the form linked below to get started with the approval process to help in Journey Kids! Note: you are not required to serve where your child attends.
Join Journey Kids Team
Our programs are tools that we use to help create a place for those to connect with God and a learning experience that both inspires and challenges all Journey Kids to take their next steps to becoming fully-devoted followers of Christ.
To discover more about all of our programs and big events check out this big document here! Including: Kids Camp, Fallapalooza, Family Dedication, Baptism, Preschool Worship, Graded Worship, 56 Worship, Super Wednesdays, Kids Choir
Requirements for all Journey Kids! Workers
- Every worker in Journey Kids has walked through training, interview process and best-fit procedures. Many things are covered in our training but a few matter most is proper hygiene when serving food, two-adult rule in all spaces, no one goes into the bathroom alone with a child and only women are allowed to change diapers. If you have more questions about training or policies please reach out to our Family Pastor at the bottom of this page.
- Every Adult worker has passed a background check every other year completed by: Chekr (link to checkr.com) a professional third-party system used by some of the biggest fortune 500 companies.
Pre- Check In
Qualified Team Members
Join us for upcoming events!