Journey Church is seeking an experienced Executive Pastor who is a proven and effective leader, deep in their faith, loves Jesus with everything in them, has a pastoral heart, can effectively build great teams, and help carry out the vision of Journey Church. The Executive Pastor will enable the Senior Pastor to be as successful as possible by assisting him with daily operations, strategic planning, goal setting, and ministry planning. While the Senior Pastor will set the course, the Executive Pastor will be responsible for the details and will determine how to navigate and complete the course. The Executive Pastor will lead the staff and build teams to successfully carry out their respective ministries while staying aligned with the church’s goals and objectives. Each week, the Executive Pastor will encourage, empower, and provide resources to the staff and church members to equip them for the works of ministry and to lead them to be disciple-makers.
Education & Experience
- College Graduate from an accredited 4-year school. A Seminary Degree is preferred but not required.
- At least 3-4 years of experience as an Executive Pastor and in leading leaders, working collaboratively, building a ministry or business, and discipleship strategies.
- Ordained minister and/or licensed Counselor.
- People Builder – Effectively builds teams of fantastic people and creates a compelling place to work.
- Ability and appetite to grow and develop people.
- Ability to mentor and disciple others with wisdom and grace, which will result in empowering and encouraging others to make disciples.
- Faithful and committed servant to Jesus who loves the Church and supports the Pastor and leadership members.
- Spiritually Vital – Someone who loves Jesus & people and whose depth and intimacy with Christ is constantly growing. This will be evident in their life exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit.
- Possesses a strong marriage and family life visible to others.
- Relationally & Emotionally Intelligent.
- Exercises discernment and wise judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A Ministry Builder – Grows the ministry and continually takes ground. Drives results and solves problems.
- A strong work ethic which includes sweating the details and focusing on finishing well.
- Exceptionally organized with an operational and administrative mind, valuing great
systems and the ability to get things done and meet deadlines.
- Desires to be a servant leader and willing to lead by example.
- Has an eye for details and the capacity to see the big picture.
- A strong communicator, strong prayer life, and a high tolerance for stress.
- Energetic, passionate about discipleship, loves to laugh, enjoys having fun, loves spending time with the team.
- Self-managed, self-motivated, and results-oriented individual who makes things happen by planning well, meeting deadlines consistently, anticipating well, finding solutions and getting things done.
- Demonstrates a willing submission to executive ministry leadership and can handle authority.
- Handles change with a positive attitude.
- Relational and team-oriented with experience in building effective teams and has the ability to recognize and develop future talented leaders.
- Ability to get along with and manage people with varied personality types and working styles.
- Still has room to grow and be able to learn from experience.
- Good at multitasking and prioritizing projects.
- Exhibits professionalism demonstrated by: a God-honoring work ethic – integrity, honesty, and confidentiality, a well-groomed appearance, and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances.
- Learning Agile – Continuously learning from experience and subsequently applying that learning to perform successfully under new or first-time conditions.
- Focused on making things better, which includes coming up with new and unique ideas to solve problems and make improvements.
- Leaves a positive wake.
- Support Journey Church with tithes and offerings.
Essential Job Duties:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to…
Ministry, Discipleship, Community, etc.
- Create and implement systems and structures while providing insight in achieving measurable goals for the campus and the church.
- Communicates, executes, and develops the vision and strategy for the volunteers and staff on the campus.
- Ensure each ministry has a winnable strategy and clear goals to achieve its purpose.
- Provide leadership and training for our Life Groups, Dream Team, Growth Track, and Missions/Outreach Team leaders.
- Engage parents and families to provide tools to assist in their spiritual leadership.
- Provide opportunities for ministry, leadership development, outreach to the community, and connection to the mission field for the families of Journey Church.
- Understand and keep current on the issues related to safety and security.
- Monitor the pulse of the congregation through research and evaluation of overall health.
Journey Church Membership Covenant:
I will protect the unity of my church
…by acting in love toward other members.
…by refusing to gossip.
…by following the leaders.
I will share in the responsibility of my church
…by praying for its growth.
…by inviting the unchurched to attend.
…by warmly welcoming those who visit.
I will serve the ministry of my church
…by discovering my gifts and talents.
…by being equipped to serve by my pastors.
…by developing a servant’s heart.
I will support the testimony of my church
…by attending faithfully.
…by living a godly life.
…by giving regularly.
This search is currently being lead by our partners at Vanderbloemen. To submit your cover letter and resume, please contact the link below.