Social Media Manager & Visual Creator
The social media manager is responsible for maintaining and expanding the digital reach of Journey Church on social media. As a social media manager, you will curate content to gain new followers and engage existing followers. You will create new social marketing campaigns, build brand recognition, and manage all published content. Think in photos, videos, and graphics with the intent to engage our fans and create a unique and ownable social footprint. You will work with web analytic tools to track campaign progress and research industry trends. A successful social media manager will collaborate with the Creative and Pastoral Teams to align with church messages, promotions, and goals.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to create creative digital content that engages the online community.
- Must be an effective team builder, display natural leadership skills, and be willing to grow in leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following items:
- Create engaging written and visual content for social media platforms.
- Create, or have content created for social media on a regular basis.
- Continue to grow as a photographer, artist, and videographer.
- Develop and implement social media strategies, campaigns, and plans to build brand/church awareness.
- Create, maintain, and grow new and existing social networks including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram.
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency.
- Monitor social media progress using analytic tools.
- Make analytical and data-based decisions, continually looking for ways to optimize strategy and tactics.
- Review the success of campaigns and develop ways to improve.
- Plan paid social media advertising strategies and budgets.
- Manage the lead pastors social media accounts for ministry content.
- Maintain an active social presence.
- Reply to social media comments and inquiries.
- Maintain and keep website current and fresh.
- Schedule and film talent for church related events and functions.
- Become a fully engaged member of Journey Church and agree to the covenant below:
Journey Church Membership Covenant
I will protect the unity of my church
- …by acting in love toward other members.
- …by refusing to gossip.
- …by following the leaders.
I will share in the responsibility of my church
…by praying for its growth.
…by inviting the unchurched to attend.
…by warmly welcoming those who visit.
I will serve the ministry of my church
…by discovering my gifts and talents.
…by being equipped to serve by my pastors.
…by developing a servant’s heart.
I will support the testimony of my church
…by attending faithfully.
…by living a godly life.