TRIGGERED – a stimulus that creates a reaction or response.
- Focus on mental wellness.
- Instead of focusing on what’s wrong, focus on what will help.
- This is a spiritual battle.
- We want to reclaim triggered from a negative to a positive.
THE LIFE YOU HAVE IS OFTEN A REFLECTION OF THE THOUGHTS YOU THINK.
3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV
- Cognitive bias: mistake in reasoning based on personal experiences or preferences.
- Our filter may not be accurate.
- Reframing: creating a different way of looking at a situation or relationship by changing its meaning.
- You can’t control what happens to you.
- But you can control how you frame it.
GOD NEVER WASTES A HURT.
12 And I want you to know, my dear brothers and sisters, that everything that has happened to me here has helped to spread the Good News. 13 For everyone here, including the whole palace guard, knows that I am in chains because of Christ. 14 And because of my imprisonment, most of the believers here have gained confidence and boldly speak God’s message without fear. Philippians 1:12-14 NLT
However, we can waste a hurt.
We can hold onto the hurt rather than experience the healing we need, and the help others need.
20 If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a fellow believer, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see? 1 John 4:20 NLT
3 “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? 4 How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye?” Matthew 7:3-4 NLT
REFRAMING YOUR STORY AND RELATIONSHIPS
- Sometimes we need to thank God for all the things that didn’t happen; for what He’s stopped that we never even knew about.
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. Psalm 91:1-2 NLT
- Thank God for His strength to get you through it.
- Thank God for how He will use it to help others.
WHEN YOU CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK, YOU CHANGE THE WAY YOU LIVE.
2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2 NLT
Next steps for me today…
- Surrender my life to Jesus and become a new creation.
- Ask God to renew my mind.
- Work at reframing how I see each day.
- Focus on God’s blessings and goodness