UNCOMMON BROTHERS ARE A GIFT FROM GOD.
1 How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony! 2 For harmony is as precious as the anointing oil that was poured over Aaron’s head, that ran down his beard and onto the border of his robe. 3 Harmony is as refreshing as the dew from Mount Hermon that falls on the mountains of Zion. And there the Lord has pronounced his blessing, even life everlasting. Psalm 133:1-3 NLT
WE NEED EACH OTHER!
9 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 11 Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? 12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NLT
“If you are a husband or father, then you are in a war. Today, leading a family through the chaos of American culture is like leading a small patrol through enemy-occupied territory. And you are the point man.” – Steve Farrar
- Many men fall into sin without another man strong enough, loving enough, or courageous enough to call him to repentance.
- Godly men not only speak up when they see sin, but they love when others show them their own sin.
12 If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall! 13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 1 Corinthians 10:12-13 NLT
- We are all one stupid decision away from blowing everything.
- We need to surround ourselves with people that love us, that love our marriage, that love our family, and love our witness.
ENCOURAGEMENT IS CRITICAL.
23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. 24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. – Hebrews 10:23-25 NLT
- What men in your life consistently stir you up to love and good works?
- This kind of brotherhood nourishes our marriages, families, churches, and communities.
- Crises are addressed with greater humility, courage, and compassion.
- Workplaces and communities are filled with greater light and hope.
WE MUST ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY.
Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person. Genesis 2:7 NLT
- His position is critical.
If you can change the heart of a man, you can change the direction of a family.
- His position is a position of priority.
- The man would be held responsible.
- As men we have to accept responsibility.
“He has wired us to lead. Don’t let the world emasculate you. God has called you to strongly lead, protect, and care for your family. When masculine leadership is properly channeled, it can be the most powerful weapon against the forces that would destroy your marriage and family.” Steve Farrar
Our families and communities need bold, intentional, and sacrificial leadership, like the leadership Jesus exemplified when he walked the earth.
Next steps for me today…
- Pray for God to put godly men in your life that will challenge you.
- Be that godly man in a brother’s life.
- Take responsibility for leading your family.
- Trust God with all your heart.