“How we think shapes how we live.” Jennie Allen
“Our emotions lead us to thoughts, those thoughts dictate our decisions, and our decisions determine our behaviors, and then our behaviors shape our relationships which lead back to our healthy or unhealthy thoughts.” – Get Out Of Your Head, Jennie Allen
OUR MIND IS THE BATTLEFIELD.
- 75 to 98% of mental, physical, and behavioral illness comes from one’s thought life.
- Many people live as victims of their own minds, consumed with negative thoughts that seem to control them.
- 8-60,000 thoughts a day and 80% are negative.
WE HAVE A CHOICE!
- As a Follower of Jesus, you can consciously choose your thoughts and replace ungodly lies with scriptural truths.
- We have to focus on what we believe, not what we feel.
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2 NLT
THE LIES WE ARE TOLD BY THE ENEMY:
- I’m alone
- I’m unlovable
- I’m worthless
- I’m helpless
1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23 NIV
DON’T GIVE THE ENEMY A SEAT AT YOUR TABLE.
“The enemy had taken a seat at my table, and I was allowing myself to listen to a killer. Right there in my driveway, I determined to take back my table. The devil would have to flee.” Louie Giglio
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
MY TASK IS TO FOCUS ON THE GOOD SHEPHERD.
4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- I don’t need to be afraid.
- The shepherd is at the table.
- It’s not what’s on the table, it’s who is at the table.
- We’re not alone, He is with me!
“I couldn’t stop the devil from prowling around my table, but in Jesus’ name I definitely have the choice whether I allowed the enemy to sit down.” Louie Giglio
Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8 NLT
If the enemy can claim the victory over your mind, then he can eventually claim the victory over your life.
GOD’S WORD CAN TRANSFORM OUR THINKING.
3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV
- The King of the universe is inviting you and me to sit with Him at His table.
- You have power, through Jesus Christ, to take authority over who sits at your table; over who influences your thinking.
- You have to choose to sit down at the table.