Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2 NLT
HOW WE THINK SHAPES HOW WE LIVE.
THE GOOD NEWS IS WE HAVE A CHOICE!
- As a Follower of Jesus, you can consciously choose your thoughts and replace ungodly lies with scriptural truths.
- We have to focus on what we believe, not what we feel.
WHAT THOUGHT HAS BEEN PLANTED IN YOUR MIND BY THE ENEMY?
- You’re alone and no one cares about you.
- Change never lasts with you.
- You will always be this way.
- You will feel better if you sin.
- You deserve to be bitter and angry.
HOW TO WIN THE BATTLE OF OUR MIND:
- WE HAVE TO IDENTIFY THE LIE THE ENEMY IS PLANTING IN OUR MIND.
THE LIES WE ARE TOLD BY THE ENEMY:
WE HAVE TO BIND THE LIES OF THE ENEMY IN JESUS’ NAME!
3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV
- Winning the battle for your mind requires you to take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ.
- If a thought is not taken captive by you in Jesus’ name, that thought will take you captive.
- We bind up every thought with God’s truth!
TAKE UP THE WEAPONS OF GOD THAT DEFEAT THE ENEMY:
Through the power of God and the weapons of God we can change the way we think; therefore changing the way we live.
MY TASK IS TO FOCUS ON THE GOOD SHEPHERD.
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up. Hebrews 12:1-3 NLT