Welcome to Journey Church Preschool! Our goal is to provide quality childcare for children 6 weeks through 4 years old in an educational, loving, caring, and Christian environment. We value the trust you place in our staff and our program as we strive to serve your needs. Each staff person is dedicated to promoting healthy growth and development of your child.
Providing activities that promote physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual development is the basis for the curriculum. Christian songs, stories, and holidays will be included in our curriculum, as well as activities that promote developmental milestones.
The center provides a safe and comfortable place for children to grow and play. The teacher will provide activities designed to develop body coordination and manual dexterity appropriate for the child’s age and ability.
Emotional development deals with children’s changing feelings about themselves, others, and the world. Emotional development begins at conception and continues throughout life. Our teachers will work to help each child build trust through the care they receive.
Physical helplessness is what prompts a baby’s social development. Newborns learn ways to respond to others in order to satisfy their physical and emotional needs. Each teacher will help the children to achieve self-confidence in relating to the other adults and children by promoting friendly, understanding relationships.
Researchers still do not fully understand the complex process of learning. They have, however, discovered much about how quickly and efficiently infants learn. The intellectual development of an infant is closely linked to the responsiveness of others. That is, babies learn more and learn faster when caregivers comfort them, smile at them, talk to them, and play with them. As they grow older, children learn most efficiently through child centered discovery based activities. Children will learn best when they are provided an environment that has ample opportunity to explore and interact with the world around them.
Each child will experience respect, love, forgiveness, and reconciliation with the help and example of the teachers and staff. Christian prayers, songs and stories which are age appropriate will be included in the total curriculum.
• The parent must complete the necessary registration forms and pay a non-refundable Annual materials fee. This covers registration fees, book, and materials for class.
• The parent must provide the center with a pre-school/child immunization certificate, or Blue Slip. This is to be kept updated, if it is not, the center will send out a notice stating that the required immunizations are out dated. The form can be obtained through the health department or your pediatrician.
• The parent will receive a copy of the policies and procedures and will go over them thoroughly. The parent will sign the Parental Agreement form which indicates policies and procedures and agreed upon fees.
• All enrollment forms, including a Schedule Information Form, must be completed by the parent and returned to the center by the first day of attendance.
• Parents of children with special needs or handicaps must inform the director of the child’s condition(s) prior to enrollment so it can be determined if the center can adequately meet the needs of the child. This is necessary for the well being of the child.